Slip and Fall Attorneys in California
At Her Lawyer, we are dedicated to finding you the most qualified attorney for your unique legal concerns.
Get Your Free Consultation Today!
Defending Those Injured in Slip & Fall Accidents
Filing a slip and fall lawsuit is a great option for people seeking to recover monetary damages after experiencing a major accident. Our slip and fall attorneys in California provide legal support and guidance to victims of slip and fall accidents. We help victims through the settlement and lawsuit process in order to collect monetary rewards. An attorney from Her Lawyer can help with filing documents, discovery, and negotiating with the other attorneys throughout the settlement and lawsuit. Get your free consultation with one of our Slip and Fall attorneys in California today! We won’t charge you a dime unless you win your case.
What Is Her Lawyer?
When you contact Her Lawyer, we’ll want to know a bit about your case. Then, based on your needs and preferences, we’ll match you with the most qualified attorney in your local area. Our team takes the time to understand your case and find the best attorney for your unique legal situation. Our experienced slip and fall attorneys operate throughout California in:
- Los Angeles
- Orange County
- San Diego
- Bay Area
Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents take place when one person experiences harm as a result of another person’s negligence for their property. The property owner’s negligence led to dangerous conditions which directly caused the other person to slip and fall and experience serious harm.
Slip and fall accidents can take place anywhere. Some examples of slip and fall accidents include:
- Indoor injuries
- Outdoor injuries
- Injuries in supermarkets
- Injuries on sidewalks and trails
- Injuries caused by weather conditions such as rain or snow
- Injuries caused by poor lighting or lack of handrails
Proving Negligence and Duty of Care
In order to successfully argue a slip and fall case in California courts, the plaintiff must prove that the defendant acted negligently. A slip and fall case must prove the defendant’s negligence by showing that:
- The defendant had a duty of care to the plaintiff
- The defendant did not uphold that duty because they were negligent
- The breach of care directly caused the accident
- The accident caused harm to the plaintiff.
These three elements demonstrate that the defendant was negligent and the plaintiff experienced harm as a result.
Duty of care is the principle that property owners generally owe other people safety on their property. The property owner’s negligent failure to uphold their duty of care puts others at risk.
Examples of duty of care include:
- Shoveling snow off sidewalks
- Placing caution signs around wet floors
- Covering icy roads with salt
Types of Monetary Rewards in a Slip and Fall Case
A slip and fall is considered a type of personal injury. In personal injury cases, monetary rewards serve to compensate for injury or costs accrued from the accident, such as medical bills, insurance expenses, and emotional distress.
If you’ve had a slip and fall in California, you may be entitled to the following types of compensation:
- Economic Damages: This type of compensation covers past and future medical costs, lost income, reduced earning capacity, and other calculable costs that were caused by the injury.
- Non-Economic Damages: This type of compensation covers more emotional costs, such as pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, humiliation, and disability.
- Exemplary (Punitive) Damages: This type of compensation is intended to punish the defendant for their malicious behavior such as fraud or discrimination.
The total amount of money recovered from a case depends on the severity of injuries, the amount of lost income, ability to work, the emotional distress, and long-term consequences of the accident. An experienced attorney from Her Lawyer will be able to provide guidance and help you fight for fair compensation after a slip and fall accident. We won’t charge you a dime unless you win your case!
Steps in Slip and Fall Lawsuit
It is important to have an experienced slip and fall attorney to guide you through the legal process. A knowledgeable attorney can help you reach a high settlement or build your case at trial. The steps to a slip and fall trial generally include:
- Filing a complaint
- Your attorney can help you file a complaint against the defendant with the court and obtain a summons for a trial.
- Await a response
- The defendant has 30 days to respond to your complaint by either admitting or denying the allegations. The defendant may also choose to file a motion to dismiss the case, which is decided by the judge.
- During the discovery process, the attorney will collect as much information about the incident as possible to build a strong case. Your attorney will work to gather testimony and obtain documents like medical records.
- Discuss Settlement
- Before moving to court, the plaintiff and defendant may try to settle. The attorney will help negotiate a satisfactory agreement between both parties instead of going to court.
- Going to Trial
- If settlement fails, the attorney will bring your case to trial and help you argue your side. In court, a judge makes the final determination about negligence and monetary compensation.
How Can a California Slip And Fall Attorney From Her Lawyer Help Me?
In addition to representing you in court, your slip and fall attorney can help with:
- Understanding California personal injury law
- Gathering and filing appropriate documents
- Contacting witnesses
- Negotiating with the other side during the settlement process
- Keeping track of court deadlines and requirements
- Providing insight and advice during the lawsuit process
We’ll get you the maximum compensation for your injuries.
Why should I get an attorney for a slip and fall accident?
Attorneys can help provide victims with legal advice after a slip and fall accident. Victims seeking to take legal action should contact an attorney to help them through the settlement or lawsuit process. An experienced attorney will be able to help their client through the legal matters and collect the proper amount of monetary rewards.
What is negligence?
Negligence is a legal standard regarding a failure to uphold one’s duty of care, which consequently results in other people’s harm. Proving negligence requires the plaintiff to demonstrate that the defendant had a duty of care to the plaintiff, the defendant acted negligently and failed to uphold that duty of care, and that the plaintiff was harmed as a result of the defendant’s negligence.
What are the different types of monetary rewards an attorney can help me collect after a slip and fall accident?
Slip and fall accidents fall under the category of personal injury lawsuits. Personal injury lawsuits offer 3 types of compensation in California: economic, non-economic, and exemplary damages. Economic damages are intended to compensate for any economic costs of the accident, including lost income, court fees, and medical bills. Non-economic damages are intended to make up for the other non-economic costs of the accident, like emotional distress and disability. Exemplary damages are intended to punish the plaintiff for their negligence.
Slip & Fall – Attorney Principles
Protecting Your Legal Rights
At Her Lawyer, our highest priority is to protect and defend your legal rights. A serious injury from a slip and fall can leave you with high medical bills, lost income, and emotional distress. We’ll ensure you get the maximum monetary compensation for your suffering.
Putting Your Needs First
We understand that every case is unique. Every legal situation deserve its own effective set of actions. Some clients may feel more comfortable with some attorneys than others; we’ll accommodate your needs and preferences.
Free Consultation With a California Slip and Fall Attorney
If you have experienced a slip/fall that resulted in serious injuries, get your free consultation with one of our experienced slip and fall attorneys in California today! We won’t charge you a dime unless you win your case.
Her Lawyer: Leaders in Female Legal Representation
For a free confidential case consultation call Her Lawyer today: